FLOCERT is a leading global certification body. Besides providing sole certification to Fairtrade, FLOCERT also offers an array of services to support companies in sourcing on Fairtrade principles, where no Fairtrade Standard applies.
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT remains mission-driven and dedicated to working with all types of organisations, from small producers to internationally recognised brands, in order to promote fairness in global trade. Our accreditation as a “Social Enterprise” demonstrates our commitment to social business values.
With six international offices conducting business in over 120 countries, FLOCERT specialises in offering global reach with local expertise. For more information, visit us at www.flocert.net.
FLOCERT is currently looking for a
Data Analyst / Researcher (m/f/div)
- Job share: full-time (38,5 hrs. p.w.)
- Position is based in the FLOCERT GmbH Office in Bonn, Germany
- The salary and benefit package depends upon qualifications and experience
- Start date: as soon as possible
FLOCERT is looking for a data analyst to perform research, exploration, and development for our data products to support internal data analytic and our future digital deliveries. Through this we want to highlight business opportunities / improvements and bring more data-driven solutions and decision making into our core assurance service.
The ability to analyse data sources, be inquisitive and creative with connecting and using data; translating business needs to data solutions to highlight their potential, and ability to present complex topics and information in a meaningful manner is a must for this role! You will be our key data analytics expert and support the growth of our digital and data future!
The person will need to liaise with multicultural teams and partners to develop concepts, data models, dashboards, and information products for both internal and external customers, whilst continually supporting the innovation of our business processes, through sharing understand of our data, and its future potential.
- Research and develop FLOCERT’s/Fairtrade´s data sets and information products linked to assurance
- Act as adviser (our expert) on data related questions and highlight business opportunities together with the potential to innovate and leverage our data
- Gather, analyze, and document business needs and related functionalities
- Research new trends and techniques relating to data (e.g. machine learning, AI, predictive analytics and their potential for FLOCERT / Fairtrade)
- Lead the framing and conceptualization of data initiatives and services, its supporting infrastructure and information tools
- Coordinate developments and the necessary infrastructure and tools that support it
- Assess potential partners and incubate early stages of development together with operational units
- Understand and model FLOCERT’s data in terms of variables, indices, and hierarchies
- Manage the design, development, and customization of concepts, dashboards, reports, and information services / processes together with internal and external partners
- Support FLOCERT’s data governance
- Support with ad-hoc (non-standard) data requests
- University Degree in Economics, Business, data science, computing, mathematics or IT
- Professional work experience as business / data analyst / data scientist of at least two years
- Relevant experience in Business Intelligence / Presentation tools (Such as Power BI)
- Curiosity and passion for data analysis and modelling
- Strong analytical skills and data affinity (modelling and analysis)
- Experience with SQL Databases, data preparation and data analysis
- Strong dedication towards customer service
- A pragmatic solution oriented spirit
- Project management experience
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently (Being the expert)
- Good communication skills and ability to present technical matters in a comprehensible way also to non-technical colleagues.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills working in an intercultural working environment
- Motivation for Fairtrade and sustainability
"Nice to have"
- Technical knowledge of assurance, certification, international trade or supply chains
- Knowledge of sustainability and human rights
- Working experience in process analysis, optimization and/or harmonization
- Understanding of Python and/or R Linear regression / statistics
- Understanding of AI / Machine Learning
- Understanding of additional languages, ideally Spanish, and/or French, German, Portuguese, Italian
How to apply
Please apply by clicking the button “APPLY NOW!” and submit your application documents in English, with curriculum vitae, reference letters or reference contact data as well as a motivation letter with salary indication.
Please do kindly note: we only accept online applications and only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Be the future of Fairtrade
As ethical awareness grows across the world, so does Fairtrade. In conjunction with the Faircompany Initiative and German dual vocational training system Berufsausbildung, we're proud to welcome the upcoming generation into this extraordinary sector. Our apprenticeships are designed to give the freshest talent in our sector a rounded introduction to Fairtrade.
To make sure we're always doing the best by our team, we partner with prestigious institutions including GreatPlaceToWork and Audit Berufundfamilie.