Who Are We?
Doodle is the world’s leading scheduling platform, helping millions of people instantly set meetings with clients, colleagues and teams. Tapping into the unique nature of smart scheduling with AI, Doodle simplifies the planning of 1:1 and group meetings for busy professionals. As the world's most trusted online scheduling platform, Doodle attracts more than 25 million monthly active users.
Now’s your chance to join 100+ ambitious engineers, designers, product managers, marketers and salespeople on a mission to make great meetings happen. Be a part of a global team headquartered in Zurich, with offices in Atlanta, Belgrade and Berlin.
Who We’re Looking For
You’ll be joining our Data team based in Berlin and Zurich offices. You and your team will lay the foundation for our data infrastructure that helps Engineers and Product Managers to develop personalised Doodle experiences and further accelerate growth. We build a state of the art data pipeline using Kafka, real time stream processors, spark and various databases (Redshift, Athena and MongoDB).
Ideally, You Have
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience crafting and implementing high-performance microservices serving millions of requests a day and stream-processing of large data sets (Kafka experience is a huge plus)
- Strong grasp of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL), large data sets, distributed systems, fundamentals of mathematics and statistical concepts
- Experience in building data pipelines, processing services and models in Python (airflow, scikit-learn or pandas know-how is a huge plus)
- Experience in one or more programming languages, including Java, C++, Python.
- Ideally knowledge/interest in Linux, Docker and container orchestration frameworks, such as Kubernetes
What the Role Involves
- Develop and maintain tracking infrastructure, data pipeline, data lake, and data warehouse
- Create a self-service data ecosystem for the entire company
- Ensure the correctness, security, and accessibility of data across the company
- Exemplify best practices for data management
- Advise teams on data modelling, management, and architecture strategies
What’s Awesome About Working at Doodle?
- Top talent deserves a competitive salary.
- We’re a team that cares about each other. We think we work best when we work together, so you’ll always feel included.
- Diversity is what makes us successful. We all have different strengths and push each other to try new things, innovate and deliver impactful results for the business.
- Your personal development matters and we mean it. Every Doodler gets a yearly budget to use for anything that promotes your continuous learning (be it an industry conference, language classes, leadership training, or anything else) and 12 days for training.
- Your well-being matters to us. Access thousands of beneficial meditation tools with your free Headspace account.
- Get together with the entire team of Doodlers (from all offices) to connect, bond, play games and unwind at the annual international retreat.
- Travel to (and spend time with other Doodlers) in some of our lovely offices worldwide.
- Take advantage of our ‘work from anywhere’ policy.
- Enjoy complimentary Doodle Premium memberships for you, your friends and your family.
- Free snacks and fruit in all our office locations.
- Applicant initial validation
- On-demand video interview to tell us more about your motivations and personality
- Data Challenge
- Technical Interview
- Systems Interview
- Meet the team
- Cultural Fit Interview
So, Get in Touch!
At Doodle, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual trust and respect, where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to age, race, color, disability, religion, gender and sexual orientation. Diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance to us. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work and our products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!