To strengthen our team in the department “Non-Destructive Testing” in Berlin-Steglitz, starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Research assistant (m/f/d) in the field of computer science, data science, data engineering, materials informatics, mathematics, materials engineering, materials science or comparable
Salary group E13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 24 months
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
Preparation of automatically documentable workflows in the field of materials science (micro) structure analysis and their combination with various evaluation routines:
- Systematic acquisition of inputs, outputs and metadata of workflows in so-called provenance graphs in order to capture the complete lineage of measurement data and to ensure/enable their further processing.
- Stochastic modeling of uncertainties in inputs, outputs, and metadata.
- Implement novel analysis and computer vision tools to extract structure-property correlations of materials from experimental datasets and represent them mathematically, accessible e.g. through knowledge mining with machine learning.
- Completed, scientific university degree in the field of computer science, data science, data engineering, materials informatics, mathematics, materials engineering, materials science or comparable; PhD advantageous.
- Basic understanding of materials science/materials engineering and the accompanying digitalization process
- Relevant experience if possible in computer science as well as experience with small data sets (small data)
- Experience in materials engineering advantageous
- Experience in (micro) structural analysis using SEM & TEM of materials including data management and analysis.
- Good communication and information skills, flexibility, goal-oriented and structured way of working, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours, mobile working